The origins of RENK go back to 1873, when Johann Julius Renk founded a small mechanical workshop in Augsburg's Lechviertel district for the mechanical production of gears. In 1879, the young company moved to the Göggingen neighborhood, where RENK’s headquarters are still located today. As early as 1897, the company was transformed into a stock corporation, and from 1923 RENK belonged to what is now the MAN Group.
With the majority takeover of MAN SE by Volkswagen AG in 2011, RENK became a member of the Volkswagen Group. From 2020, RENK AG belonged to Rebecca BidCo AG, a portfolio company of Triton Fund V, which is managed by the Triton Group. In 2021, RENK Aktiengesellschaft was merged with Rebecca BidCo AG and subsequently transformed into RENK GmbH.
Today, RENK has a global outlook as a leading supplier of high-quality drive technology for a wide range of applications. The company’s branches in Augsburg, Rheine, and Hanover are its major production locations.